Opterrix™ is a proactive risk management platform that empowers insurance carriers to build and sustain more profitable portfolios. Our software leverages real-time carrier data with proprietary weather data and modeling to proactively mitigate avoidable losses while optimizing claims response strategies and driving customer satisfaction.
We’re looking for a talented Cloud Engineer to join our growing development team based in Madison, WI. You will be a member of a smart, fun, and motivated team that is producing the latest in analytics and decision-making tools for the risk industry.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing and implementing Helm Charts, Kubernetes cluster observability, and Gitlab automation with an emphasis on repeatable build processes and developer self-service. You will be working across the front and backend of our products to keep them performant, scalable, and running beautifully.
Our user-centric development philosophy focuses on delivering exceptional functionality with stunning user experiences. Customers love this platform and expanded feature requests are coming in faster than we can deliver.
If you enjoy:
- Diverse and fast-paced project work guided by sprint/agile philosophies
- Quick prototyping to validate customer desirability
- Exploring large and diverse data sets (weather, consumer, market)
- Experimenting with machine learning and other predictive technologies
- Designing and developing products that customers love
…we would like to meet you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate, educate, and elevate the development capabilities of our team
- Ensure the technical feasibility of automated deployments and observability
- Develop and enhance developer CI/CD workflows for maximum developer feedback
- Build repeatable automation and observability patterns that scale across multiple use cases
- Perform code analysis, requirements analysis, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis and software reliability analysis
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation, and documentation
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Education: Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or relevant field
- Experience: 2+ years of experience in Kubernetes deployments
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong proficiency in shell scripting and Linux system administration
- Developing and debugging CI/CD workflows
- Developing and debugging infrastructure as code
- Working knowledge of monitoring and logging frameworks like Prometheus and ELK
- Working knowledge of Python 3.7 and web server frameworks like Flask, Node.js
- Familiarity with Docker in both development and production environments
About The Company
Opterrix was designed, validated, and scaled using lean innovation principles within several top insurance companies. Our user-centric development philosophy focuses on deep industry empathy, behavioral science, best-in-class technology, and speed to value.
Opterrix is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic, in employment or other programs. The company offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package (including medical and dental).
Baker Tilly Vantagen has been engaged to manage this search process. Interested candidates should provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements electronically.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements electronically to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time