Opterrix™ is a proactive risk management platform that empowers insurance carriers to build and sustain more profitable portfolios. Our software leverages real-time carrier data with proprietary weather data and modeling to proactively mitigate avoidable losses while optimizing claims response strategies and driving customer satisfaction.
The Data Engineer performs data wrangling, design, and deploys machine learning pipelines to meet enterprise goals and support experimentation and innovation. The engineer works closely with Data Scientists and the Development team to identify innovative machine learning solutions that leverage data to meet business goals. The Data Engineer ensures infrastructure and data pipelines are structured to deploy machine learning solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data collection, data quality, data processing required for inputs into complex machine learning algorithmic research, and continuous mathematical explorations
- Translate machine learning algorithms into production-level code and create pipelines for scheduling timely refreshing of the models (i.e. self-learning architectures)
- Maintain and improve the performance optimizations of existing machine learning pipelines.
- Continuously learn and improve skills to keep pace with state-of-the-art infrastructure tools
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with building data and machine learning pipelines at scale
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms focused on Classification and Regression such as Decision trees, XGBoost and deep learning
- Strong CS fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, OOPS, functional programming
Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, SQL, distributed processing with Spark/PySpark.
Cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, version control systems, and Docker.
- Master’s degree with 2+ years of industry experience implementing machine learning models pipelines
- Prior experience working with geospatial datasets at scale
- Knowledge of machine learning and data science platforms such as h2o.ai
About The Company
Opterrix was designed, validated, and scaled using lean innovation principles within several top insurance companies. Our user-centric development philosophy focuses on deep industry empathy, behavioral science, best-in-class technology, and speed to value.
Opterrix is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic, in employment or other programs. The company offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package (including medical and dental).
Baker Tilly Vantagen has been engaged to manage this search process. Interested candidates should provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements electronically.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements electronically to email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time